(Apologies for my sincerely destroyed fingers. I don’t tend to use lotion until the end of the day.)
Hello all appreciators of shiny objects! I’m working on a secret (to everyone) project at the moment, but thought I’d check in with a couple of pictures. Exciting, I know.
If anyone’s sad that they missed out on a giant plush chocobo, I just so happen to have enough yarn to make another. I don’t foresee this happening in the near future (unless I get a commission), but, y’know, someday.
As for the shinies, these are (mostly) unwrapped 12mm gemstone beads I’ve picked up from various sources over the years, awaiting wrapping. Or whatever. Here’s an opportunity to commission (or snag) something you might want before I do my own thing or make offers elsewhere. What I’ve got here:
- (first column) a pile of rainbow obsidian - nice colors, ranging from do not look directly into the stone to a very subtle halo
- (first column) white jade - some stones have more sparkle than others, but they all have a lovely natural “crackle” with iridescent layers
- (second column) blue tiger’s eye - also called hawk’s eye, excellent colors and a few very subtle bands of gold
- (second column) red tiger’s eye - all very impressive, a little more red and feiry than the standard tiger’s eye
- (third column) natural aquamarine - this stuff just has the most amazing color; like a milky fluorite
- (third column) cloudy quartz - not quite clear, not quite white, but with a lot of iridescent layers
- (fourth column) green fluorite - various shades of green and blue-green, all quite lovely
- (fifth column) extremely dark purple fluorite - nearly black with tiny lighter purple “cracks”
- (fifth column) “regular” purple fluorite - like the green, only purple!
The bottom row is comprised of sterling silver wire-wrapped pendants that for one reason or another didn’t actually get sold and then were moved aside for eventual Etsy listing. Ha ha, sometimes I forget. A lot. From left to right: dark purple fluorite, rainbow obsidian, green fluorite and blue-green fluorite.
If anyone would like more/better pictures, feel free to let me know. Please consider e-mail since Tumblr messages are… well, Tumblr messages.
Desert Bus for Hope wrapped up this year with an incredible $521,500 in donations after 6 days and 11 hours of sheer enthusiastic geeky awesome. (You can re-live the whole thing over on Twitch, if you so desire.)
I am quite pleased and honored to have participated two years in a row, acting as chocobo wrangler/provider. I’d been watching for longer than that, but kept forgetting deadlines. *cough*
Anyway, have some very random words about it.
The last winter sale feature: Martian Sunrise!
Desert Bus for Hope has come to a stop for this year, and so will the sale at midnight EST. Thank you, each and every one of you, for giving my shinies a look and considering sharing your generosity with an
obviously slightly masochistic artisan.
While the Desert Bus is still currently running, Orin and mine’s part is over with and I am so very happy to report on how well we did this year! (Note, Video link time stamps are HH:MM style)
$7.20 Donation drive for the Animal Crossing stationary set. Winner: DrCBVI, raised $1200.31
Video Link - AC Box shown off at 00:32, Winner announced at 1:44
Silent Auction: Custom Animal Crossing Cut Paper Art. Winner: TwoFlower, raised $224.70
Schala Total: $1425.01
$9.12 Donation drive for Ren the Chocobo plush. Winner: Famout, raised $1395.00
Video Link - Ren shown off at 4:31, Winner announced at 6:35
Silent Auction: Ewan the Chocobo Winner: BadgerSprite, raised $566.10
Orin Total: $1961.10
GRAND TOTAL - $3406.11!!!!!
Thank you so much to everyone who donated this year! Orin and I are so touched by your support and generosity and look forward to participating again next year.
Ah ha ha, don’t talk about next year
for which there may already be ideas.
Seriously, though, this is beyond my wildest expectations. I’m sure there will be a long and rambly post about it after the bus finally comes to a stop and whatnot, but for now, just… thanks.
Today’s winter sale feature: Chauncey! For today from 10:00 PM until tomorrow 10:00 AM PST you can participate in a silent auction to win Ewan!
In support of Desert Bus for Hope and Child’s Play, the 20% off everything except made-to-order items sale is going until the bus stops running!